Many approaches work with either the mind or the body, but I find it is most effective to work with both.
I have over twenty years experience and a background in Clinical Psychology. I live and breathe my work and am known for the lightness and joy I bring to my practice. Alongside speaking and teaching, I work online with clients individually worldwide. I have previously taught in the USA, Caribbean, Russia, UK and Europe.
I offer individual:
- Coaching and mentoring
- Addiction and recovery coaching
- Trauma therapy
- Business coaching
- In-person Envisioning sessions (currently online due to Covid-19)
And often a combination of the above.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Diploma in Integrated Energy Techniques (NLP, Hypnotherapy, EFT)
- Satvik Energy Therapy Practitioner (12-Step Addiction training, Taoism, ACIM)
- Accredited NLP Practitioner (ABNLP)
- Accredited Hypnotherapy Practitioner
- Accredited Advanced EFT Practitioner (EFT International)
- EFT Supervisor & Mentor (EFT International)
- Yoga Teacher (Sivananda Vedanta Centre)
- Reiki Master (Reiki I, II and III)
FURTHER TRAINING AND APPROACHES
- Trauma specialisms: Intergenerational trauma, Yoga for trauma training, Inner Child work
- Addiction and 12-step recovery: including Al-Anon, CoDA, SLAA, WA, ACA, UA, AA, The Artist’s Way and others.
- EFT: Intention Tapping, Picture Tapping, Matrix Re-imprinting
- Creativity: MFA Fine Art, PG Diploma Photography, Art Therapy
- Taoist and Traditional Chinese medicine approaches: Qi Gong, Feng shui, Taoist meditations
- Meditation: Classical Buddhist Meditation and Mindfulness, Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Energy healing: Eden Energy Medicine Training with Donna Eden and Madison King, including Vagus Nerve training
- A Course in Miracles, I am a continuing student.
I was always highly sensitive to the suffering of others and grew up in a dysfunctional home. I suffered with low self-esteem, depression and anxiety and managed my difficult feelings with perfectionism and workaholism. By age ten I had chronic fatigue and was in full on burn-out, triggered by my parents divorce.
Chronic fatigue meant that I was off school for a year, which soon became very formative for me. I already knew I was creative and wanted to help others. My own sensitivity and suffering further fuelled my passion for discovering how to help people in meaningful ways and spending a lot of time alone and observing life as I healed from illness, I became more clear.
However I continued to struggle with the impact of my childhood and suffered at school until I had longterm counselling and understood the depression I was experiencing. Overcoming depression and gaining deep insight further inspired my helping others and I formally began by volunteering on a Mental Health helpline for Rethink as a teenager, going onto study Psychology at degree level and working within the Mental Health Team for Westminster Association for Mental Health (WAMH).
Post university, I specialised in Abnormal Psychology and worked across three NHS Clinical Psychology Departments. The training I received was excellent, but I became frustrated with the inefficiency and poor results that I saw in the patients, motivating me to explore other effective ways forward. I found Clinical Psychology cold, competitive and hierarchical and led by the head, vs. by heart-centred values of humanity, compassion and care which had inspired me to initially train in Psychology.
Being curious, open-minded and determined/stubborn (depending on how you look at it!) I left the medical-only approach and have spent the last twenty years studying a range of perspectives to personal development from a broad spectrum of schools: conventional/alternative, ancient/modern, body/mind, spiritual/atheist, energetic/practical. I now aim to combine, apply and share the best of what I discovered and continue to discover, and help others.
I’m aware that many people are intimidated and overwhelmed to approach mental health, addiction and personal transformation. My intention is to distill complex ideas into simple application.
- I believe it is our birthright to know ourselves, love ourselves, know how to take care of ourselves and live healthy, free lives as the people we were intended to be.
- Everything I suggest to my clients I have tried and tested and my own experience directly informs my practice.
- Self-help Psychology has always played a central part in my own transformation and the teachings of Louise L Hay, Julia Cameron, Pia Mellody, Patrick Carnes, Gary Craig and Byron Katie all deeply inform and inspire me. I consistently update and integrate my knowledge and view myself as a lifelong student as well as a teacher.
- The client’s mind and body know how to heal, the practitioner is just the facilitator.
- The mind and the body do not operate separately, but together.
- Authentic communication and joy go further and faster than falsity and competitiveness, every time.
- I am passionate about helping women at a community level and have worked for, delivered training for and volunteered with organisations including Aviva Women’s Network, WISE (Women into Science and Engineering), Bird’s Eye View Film Festival, Crossroads Women’s Centre, Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation and Spires Homeless Centre (Women), UK.
- I have experienced education as a phenomenal tool for positive change and I have offered training and teaching for Chaya Yoga Retreats, Gazelli House and Patternity.
- I am deeply committed to equality and diversity and intend to treat all clients with unconditional positive regard irrespective of gender, race, economic background, political or religious beliefs.
If you feel that you too would benefit from working with me, please feel free to get in touch.
“Rhona is an expert at what she does. She is caring, open and trustworthy. If you are looking to change or transform an area of your life then go and see her.” – ES, London
I am a member of EFT International (click link to view my profile)